Sunday 10th October 2021
A few weeks ago I couldn’t get my phone to work. It had totally ‘died’. I had left it charging, and I was away from home, with my mum, in Llandudno!
I decided to try various sockets in the hotel, hoping my phone would become live, without success 😢
I couldn’t see any messages, send any messages or phone Andrew! I couldn’t get on Facebook or take any photographs.
As we ventured out into the town I found a shop that sold phone chargers, and the problem was all sorted in no time.
It’s often the case that when we lose something, we suddenly realise how much we use and even need the item.
I am so grateful that God my Father is available and contactable day and night. I can read his messages found in His word any time. I never want to face any time without Him or take the privilege for granted! His presence blesses me and keeps me fully charged for whatever life holds.
Fri 15 Funeral of Brian Farr, 2:00pm at the Hall, 3:00pm at Canley Crematorium.
- Brian Farr’s Funeral is on Friday 15 Oct at 2pm at the Hall. Please keep Carol, Dot & John in prayer;
- Ken Elliott who has tested positive for Covid;
- Mo Watson (nee Payne) after the sudden loss of her husband Jim;
- All students settling into Universities and those returning to Coventry/Warwick;
- Recently unwell – Freda Griggs, Lindiwe Mluko, and many having hospital appointments and procedures;
- Please keep our ‘Shut ins’ in prayer – Freda & Derek Sadler, Louise Gallagher, Margaret Garratt.
With the ceasing of regular evening meeting, the students are going to meet for fellowship at the hall on Sunday lunchtime. Although this means we are no longer looking for people to host, on a regular basis, we would still like to provide the youngsters with food. If you would like to contribute financially towards the cost, please give money to Gemma or Maureen, during term time. There will be the odd occasion where hosts will be needed. If you would like to help in this way, once it is safe to do so, please let Josh or Alex know. Many thanks!
If you would like to receive this weekly bulletin by email each week, or know of anybody who would like to receive it, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|024 7655 2183
Coventry City, Upper Well Street
|The Salvation Army is an integral part of the Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible; its motivation is the love of God as revealed in Jesus Christ. At Coventry City Corps we seek to -